On Friday’s memorandum from the Feds:
– President Trump has NOT been implicated in a crime. There is no evidence here to support an allegation.
– The President cannot be charged in office.
– Tough for prosecutors to prove illegal campaign finance violations by Trump, even if legit evidence ever emerged. In addition, Michael Cohen has a major credibility problem.
– POTUS could pardon himself.
– Partisans are holding President Trump up to a legal standard that the Obama Campaign violated, much worse, and then settled with a fine; for a total bigger than Cohen’s total case.
– Impeachment is not a legal proceeding. It is political. If the House of Representatives wants to impeach the President during a major election cycle term, have at it. Without evidence, the votes in the Senate to convict are just not there.
Photo: University of Chicago: The Law School